- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
- Influence, Threshold, and Noise
- Erdős Lectures 2014 – Dan Spielman
- Answer to Test Your Intuition (22)
- Test your intuition (22): Selling Two Items in a Bundle.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Polymath 8 - a Success!
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- Another Forgotten Bet: Is Don Zagier About to Owe Me 1000 Shekels For The Proof of the ABC Conjecture?
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
Monthly Archives: May 2009
Part B: Finding special cap sets This is a second part in a 3-part series about variations on the cap set problem that I studied with Roy Meshulam. (The first post is here.) I will use here a different notation than in part … Continue reading
Update (july 2009): A detailed posting on the Thompson group appeared on “Geometry and the Imagination,” Danny Calegary’s blog. In spite of two recent preprints one claiming that the Thompson group is amenable and the other claiming the opposite, the problem appears … Continue reading