- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- The Ultimate Riddle
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Meeting with Aram Harrow, and my Lecture on Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work.
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- The Intermediate Value Theorem Applied to Football
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota's Conjecture on Matroids
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
Monthly Archives: May 2009
Part B: Finding special cap sets This is a second part in a 3-part series about variations on the cap set problem that I studied with Roy Meshulam. (The first post is here.) I will use here a different notation than in part … Continue reading
Update (july 2009): A detailed posting on the Thompson group appeared on “Geometry and the Imagination,” Danny Calegary’s blog. In spite of two recent preprints one claiming that the Thompson group is amenable and the other claiming the opposite, the problem appears … Continue reading