- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Two Math Riddles
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Polymath 8 - a Success!
- The Polynomial Hirsch Conjecture: Discussion Thread
- When It Rains It Pours
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
Monthly Archives: July 2013
David Wilson and a cover of Shlomo’s recent book “Curvature in mathematics and physics” A few weeks ago, in David Kazhdan’s basic notion seminar, Shlomo Sternberg gave a lovely presentation Kirchhoff and Wilson via Kozdron and Stroock. The lecture is based on … Continue reading
Reshef, Moshe and Sam The question: (based on discussions with Reshef Meir, Moshe Tennenholtz, and Sam Payne) Tic Tac Toe is played since anciant times. For the common version, where the two players X and O take turns in marking … Continue reading
Paul Erdős in Jerusalem, 1933 1993 I just came back from a great Erdős Centennial conference in wonderful Budapest. I gave a lecture on old and new problems (mainly) in combinatorics and geometry (here are the slides), where I presented twenty … Continue reading