- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Media Item from "Haaretz" Today: "For the first time ever..."
- The Ultimate Riddle
- New Ramanujan Graphs!
- Two Math Riddles
- Polymath 8 - a Success!
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
Category Archives: Conferences
Here are some links and posts related to some of the talks in IPAM’s workshop “Efficiency of the Simplex Method: Quo vadis Hirsch conjecture?” I will be happy to add links to pdf’s of the presentations and to relevant papers. Descriptions and … Continue reading
ICS2011 at ITCS, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China The title of this post “To life, to Science and to Innovations” was Silvio Micali’s toast at the second conference on Innovations in Computer Science and Silvio’s words have a good chance of becomeing the official toast of … Continue reading
Here we continue the previous post on Summer 2010 events in Reverse chronological order. Happy birthday Srac In the first week of August we celebrated Endre Szemeredi’s birthday. This was a very impressive conference. Panni, Endre’s wife, assisted by her … Continue reading
I am starting this post in Jaipur. My three children are watching a movie in our Jaipur hotel room and I watch them while I begin to write this post. Hagai is in the middle of a long-planned three-month trip … Continue reading
Workshop at IPAM: January 18 – 21, 2011 Here is the link to the IPAM conference.
Itai Benjamini listening to Gadi Kozma There are 41 lectures from the Midrasha on Probability and Geometry: The Mathematics of Oded Schramm which are now online. Joram Lindenstrauss’s concluding lecture (click on the picture to see) Laci Lovasz More pictures … Continue reading
Our Midrasha is going very very well. There are many great talks, mostly very clear and helpful. Various different directions which interlace very nicely. Some moving new mathematical breakthroughs; very few fresh from the oven. Tomorrow is the last day. Update: I will try … Continue reading
Update: The midrasha is taking place now. After 3 and a half school-days we have a break untill sunday. Clicking on the poster above will lead you the webpage of the event and to a link to an online broadcast of the … Continue reading