- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A Few Mathematical Snapshots from India (ICM2010)
- יופיה של המתמטיקה
- Two Math Riddles
- Media Item from "Haaretz" Today: "For the first time ever..."
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota's Conjecture on Matroids
Category Archives: Geometry
This is a new polymath3 research thread. Our aim is to tackle the polynomial Hirsch conjecture which asserts that there is a polynomial upper bound for the diameter of graphs of -dimensional polytopes with facets. Our research so far was … Continue reading
Click here for the most recent polymath3 research thread. Erdős and Pach celebrating another November day many years ago. The Wolf disguised as Little Red Riding Hood. Pach disguised as another Pach. This post is authored by János Pach A … Continue reading
Mandelbrot set Benoît Mandelbrot passed away a few dayes ago on October 14, 2010. Since 1987, Mandelbrot was a member of the Yale’s mathematics department. This chapterette from my book “Gina says: Adventures in the Blogosphere String War” about fractals is brought here on this … Continue reading
Question: Let be the -dimensional cube. Turn into a torus by identifying opposite facets. What is the minumum -dimensional volume of a subset of which intersects every non-trivial cycle in . Answer: Taking to be all points in the solid … Continue reading
Let be the -dimensional cube. Turn into a torus by identifying opposite facets. What is the minumum -dimensional volume of a subset of which intersects every non-trivial cycle in .