- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Two Math Riddles
- A Few Mathematical Snapshots from India (ICM2010)
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota's Conjecture on Matroids
- Rodica Simion: Immigrant Complex
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
Category Archives: Law
The following post was kindly contributed by Eyal Sulganik from IDC (Interdiciplinary Center) Herzliya. Eyal was motivated by our poll on certainty “beyond a reasonable doubt,” which is related to several issues in accounting. Mathematicians, I believe, are always looking … Continue reading
(Motivated by two questions from Gowers’s How should mathematics be taught to non mathematicians.)
Today (April 27, 2012) it is precisely 213 years 7 months, and 29 days to the completion of the declaration of the rights of man, which makes it a perfect occasion to celebrate this remarkable human creation. Here is a … Continue reading
עדכון (4 ליולי 2010): בית הדין הארצי לעבודה ביטל את פסק הדין של בית המשפא האזורי ונתן מעמד של פסק דין לפשרה שהושגה בין ד”ר חנה קהת לבין מכללת אורות ואשר מסדירה את תנאי העסקתה משנת הלימודים הבאה. ראה למטה … Continue reading
A recent interesting article by Ariel Rubinstein entitled “Digital Sodom” (in Hebrew) argues that certain forms of futures trading (and Internet sites where these forms of trading take place) are essentially gambling activities. The issue of “what is gambling” is very intereting. In an earlier … Continue reading