kazekkurz on More around Borsuk Gil Kalai on More around Borsuk kazekkurz on More around Borsuk Gil Kalai on Polymath 8 – a Succ… Patrick Poirier on About Alon Amit on NatiFest is Coming Abdulrahman Oladiipu… on The Kadison-Singer Conjecture… More around Borsuk |… on Helly’s Theorem, “… Gil Kalai on Polymath 8 – a Succ… Gil Kalai on Greg Kuperberg: It is in NP to… dmoskovich on Greg Kuperberg: It is in NP to… zhang twin prime bre… on Polymath 8 – a Succ…
- Many triangulated three-spheres!
- NatiFest is Coming
- More around Borsuk
- Analysis of Boolean Functions – Week 7
- Analysis of Boolean Functions week 5 and 6
- Real Analysis Introductory Mini-courses at Simons Institute
- Analysis of Boolean Functions – week 4
- Polymath 8 – a Success!
- Analysis of Boolean Functions – Week 3
Top Posts & Pages
- NatiFest is Coming
- Polymath 8 - a Success!
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Why is Mathematics Possible: Tim Gowers's Take on the Matter
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- 'Gina Says'
- Two Math Riddles
Category Archives: Law
The following post was kindly contributed by Eyal Sulganik from IDC (Interdiciplinary Center) Herzliya. Eyal was motivated by our poll on certainty “beyond a reasonable doubt,” which is related to several issues in accounting. Mathematicians, I believe, are always looking … Continue reading
(Motivated by two questions from Gowers’s How should mathematics be taught to non mathematicians.)
Today (April 27, 2012) it is precisely 213 years 7 months, and 29 days to the completion of the declaration of the rights of man, which makes it a perfect occasion to celebrate this remarkable human creation. Here is a … Continue reading
עדכון (4 ליולי 2010): בית הדין הארצי לעבודה ביטל את פסק הדין של בית המשפא האזורי ונתן מעמד של פסק דין לפשרה שהושגה בין ד”ר חנה קהת לבין מכללת אורות ואשר מסדירה את תנאי העסקתה משנת הלימודים הבאה. ראה למטה … Continue reading
A recent interesting article by Ariel Rubinstein entitled “Digital Sodom” (in Hebrew) argues that certain forms of futures trading (and Internet sites where these forms of trading take place) are essentially gambling activities. The issue of “what is gambling” is very intereting. In an earlier … Continue reading