- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Polymath 8 - a Success!
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Why is mathematics possible?
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- When It Rains It Pours
- Extremal Combinatorics III: Some Basic Theorems
- In how many ways you can chose a committee of three students from a class of ten students?
Tag Archives: Boolean functions
Lecture 4 In the third week we moved directly to the course’s “punchline” – the use of Fourier-Walsh expansion of Boolean functions and the use of Hypercontractivity. Before that we started with a very nice discrete isoperimetric question on a … Continue reading
Post on week 1; home page of the course analysis of Boolean functions Lecture II: We discussed two important examples that were introduced by Ben-Or and Linial: Recursive majority and tribes. Recursive majority (RM): is a Boolean function with variables … Continue reading
Home page of the course. In the first lecture I defined the discrete n-dimensional cube and Boolean functions. Then I moved to discuss five problems in extremal combinatorics dealing with intersecting families of sets. 1) The largest possible intersecting family … Continue reading
Ryan O’Donnell has begun writing a book about Fourier analysis of Boolean functions and he serializes it on a blog entiled Analysis of Boolean Function. New sections appear on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Besides covering the basic theory, Ryan intends to describe applications … Continue reading