- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Two Math Riddles
- יופיה של המתמטיקה
- A Few Mathematical Snapshots from India (ICM2010)
- Media Item from "Haaretz" Today: "For the first time ever..."
- The Ultimate Riddle
Tag Archives: Cap sets
This post follows a recent paper On sunflowers and matrix multiplication by Noga Alon, Amir Spilka, and Christopher Umens (ASU11) which rely on an earlier paper Group-theoretic algorithms for matrix multiplication, by Henry Cohn, Robert Kleinberg, Balasz Szegedy, and Christopher Umans (CKSU05), … Continue reading
Update: This is a third of three posts (part I, part II) proposing some extensions of the cap set problem and some connections with the Frankl Rodl theorem. Here is a post presenting the problem on Terry Tao’s blog (March 2007). Here … Continue reading
Part B: Finding special cap sets This is a second part in a 3-part series about variations on the cap set problem that I studied with Roy Meshulam. (The first post is here.) I will use here a different notation than in part … Continue reading
Suppose that is a subset of of maximum cardinality not containing an arithmetic progression of length 3. Let . How does behave? We do not really know. Will it help talking about it? Can we somehow look beyond the horizon and try to guess what … Continue reading
Frankl-Rodl’s Theorem and Variations on the Cap Set Problem: A Recent Research Project with Roy Meshulam (A)
Voita Rodl I would like to tell you about a research project in progress with Roy Meshulam. (We started it in the summer, but then moved to other things; so far there are interesting insights, and perhaps problems, but not substantial … Continue reading