- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- The Ultimate Riddle
- The Intermediate Value Theorem Applied to Football
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota's Conjecture on Matroids
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Meeting with Aram Harrow, and my Lecture on Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work.
- Two Math Riddles
Tag Archives: Codes
Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
Special Quantum PCP and/or Quantum Codes: Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable CodesDay בי”ס להנדסה ולמדעי המחשב 24 Jul 2014 – 09:30 to 17:00 room B-220, 2nd floor, Rothberg B Building On Thursday, the 24th of July we will host a SC-LTC (simplicial complexes … Continue reading
Lecture 11 The Cap Set problem We presented Meshulam’s bound for the maximum number of elements in a subset A of not containing a triple x,y,x of distinct elements whose sum is 0. The theorem is analogous to Roth’s theorem … Continue reading
Avi Wigderson was in town and gave a beautiful talk about an extension of Sylvester-Gallai theorem. Here is a link to the paper: Rank bounds for design matrices with applications to combinatorial geometry and locally correctable codes by Boaz Barak, Zeev … Continue reading