- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Exciting News on Three Dimensional Manifolds
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Two Math Riddles
- New Ramanujan Graphs!
- Extremal Combinatorics III: Some Basic Theorems
- The Ultimate Riddle
Tag Archives: Debates
This is the third and last post giving a timeline and some non technical highlights from my debate with Aram Harrow. Where were we After Aram Harrow and I got in touch in June 2011, and decided to have … Continue reading
This is the second of three posts giving few of the non-technical highlights of my debate with Aram Harrow. (part I) After Aram Harrow and I got in touch in June 2011, and decided to have a blog debate about … Continue reading
Debates are fascinating human activities that are a mixture of logic, strategy, and show. Not everybody shares this fascination. The German author Emil Ludwig considered debates to be the death of conversation. Jonathan Swift regarded debates as the worst … Continue reading
Controversies and debates in and around science – between researchers within the same discipline, between competing theories, between competing fields, and between accepted scientific viewpoints and viewpoints rooted outside science – are common. Is there global warming and is it … Continue reading
1. About: My name is Gil Kalai and I am a mathematician working mainly in the field of Combinatorics. Within combinatorics, I work mainly on geometric combinatorics and the study of convex polytopes and related objects, and on the analysis of Boolean functions … Continue reading