- Why is mathematics possible?
- Dan Mostow on Haaretz and Other Updates
- Test Your Intuition (21): Auctions
- Oz’ Balls Problem: The Solution
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Test your Intuition/Knowledge: What was Lord Kelvin’s Main Mistake?
- Indian Crested Porcupine
- New Ramanujan Graphs!
- Taking balls away: Oz’ Version
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Endre Szemeredi
Celebrations for Endre, Jean and Terry Anders Bjorner presents the 2012 Crafoord Prize in Mathematics I am in Sweden for two weeks to work with colleagues and to take part in two celebrations. Jean Bourgain and Terence Tao are the 2012 laureates … Continue reading
Click here for the most recent polymath3 research thread. I missed Tom by a few minutes at Mittag-Leffler Institute a year and a half ago Suppose that is a subset of of maximum cardinality not containing an arithmetic progression of length 3. Let . … Continue reading
Here we continue the previous post on Summer 2010 events in Reverse chronological order. Happy birthday Srac In the first week of August we celebrated Endre Szemeredi’s birthday. This was a very impressive conference. Panni, Endre’s wife, assisted by her … Continue reading