- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Media Item from "Haaretz" Today: "For the first time ever..."
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- Test Your Intuition (13): How to Play a Biased "Matching Pennies" Game
- Extremal Combinatorics III: Some Basic Theorems
- Two Math Riddles
- Celebrations in Sweden and Norway
Tag Archives: Erdos-Ko-Rado theorem
We talked about extremal problems for set systems: collections of subsets of an element sets, – Sperner’s theorem, the Erdos-Ko-Rado theorem, and quite a few more. (See here, here and here.) What happens when we consider collections of permutations rather … Continue reading