- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Two Math Riddles
- Rodica Simion: Immigrant Complex
- Extremal Combinatorics III: Some Basic Theorems
- Itai Ashlagi, Yashodhan Kanoria, and Jacob Leshno: What a Difference an Additional Man makes?
- 'Gina Says'
Tag Archives: face rings
Richard Stanley This post is authored by Eran Nevo. (It is the second in a series of five posts.) The g-conjecture: the commutative algebra connection Let be a triangulation of a -dimensional sphere. Stanley’s idea was to associate with a ring … Continue reading