- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- The Ultimate Riddle
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Meeting with Aram Harrow, and my Lecture on Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work.
- The Intermediate Value Theorem Applied to Football
- Two Math Riddles
Tag Archives: Frankl-Rodl theorem
Cocycles Definition: A -cocycle is a collection of -subsets such that every -set contains an even number of sets in the collection. Alternative definition: Start with a collection of -sets and consider all -sets that contain an odd number of members … Continue reading
Update: This is a third of three posts (part I, part II) proposing some extensions of the cap set problem and some connections with the Frankl Rodl theorem. Here is a post presenting the problem on Terry Tao’s blog (March 2007). Here … Continue reading