- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- János Pach: Guth and Katz's Solution of Erdős's Distinct Distances Problem
- Polymath 8 - a Success!
- Test Your Intuition (19): The Advantage of the Proposers in the Stable Matching Algorithm
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- 'Gina Says'
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- The Ultimate Riddle
Tag Archives: Lionel Pournin
I just saw in Claire Mathieu’s blog “A CS professor blog” that a simple proof of the Sleator-Tarjan-Thurston’s diameter result for the graph of the associahedron was found by Lionel Pournin! Here are slides of his lecture “The diameters of associahedra” … Continue reading