- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Polymath 8 - a Success!
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- When It Rains It Pours
- Two Math Riddles
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
- Can Category Theory Serve as the Foundation of Mathematics?
Tag Archives: Lionel Pournin
I just saw in Claire Mathieu’s blog “A CS professor blog” that a simple proof of the Sleator-Tarjan-Thurston’s diameter result for the graph of the associahedron was found by Lionel Pournin! Here are slides of his lecture “The diameters of associahedra” … Continue reading