kazekkurz on More around Borsuk Gil Kalai on More around Borsuk kazekkurz on More around Borsuk Gil Kalai on Polymath 8 – a Succ… Patrick Poirier on About Alon Amit on NatiFest is Coming Abdulrahman Oladiipu… on The Kadison-Singer Conjecture… More around Borsuk |… on Helly’s Theorem, “… Gil Kalai on Polymath 8 – a Succ… Gil Kalai on Greg Kuperberg: It is in NP to… dmoskovich on Greg Kuperberg: It is in NP to… zhang twin prime bre… on Polymath 8 – a Succ…
- Many triangulated three-spheres!
- NatiFest is Coming
- More around Borsuk
- Analysis of Boolean Functions – Week 7
- Analysis of Boolean Functions week 5 and 6
- Real Analysis Introductory Mini-courses at Simons Institute
- Analysis of Boolean Functions – week 4
- Polymath 8 – a Success!
- Analysis of Boolean Functions – Week 3
Top Posts & Pages
- NatiFest is Coming
- Polymath 8 - a Success!
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Why is Mathematics Possible: Tim Gowers's Take on the Matter
- Two Math Riddles
- Happy Birthday Ron Aharoni!
Tag Archives: Randomness
In a previous post we presented a MO question by Liza about randomness: What is the explanation of the apparent randomness of high-level phenomena in nature? 1. Is it accepted that these phenomena are not really random, meaning that given enough … Continue reading
Here is an excellent question asked by Liza on “Mathoverflow“. What is the explanation of the apparent randomness of high-level phenomena in nature? For example the distribution of females vs. males in a population (I am referring to randomness in terms … Continue reading
Polymath4 is devoted to a question about derandomization: To find a deterministic polynomial time algorithm for finding a k-digit prime. So I (belatedly) devote this post to derandomization and, in particular, the following four problems. 1) Find a deterministic algorithm for primality 2) Find … Continue reading