- Mathematical Gymnastics
- Media Item from “Haaretz” Today: “For the first time ever…”
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota’s Conjecture on Matroids
- Media items on David, Amnon, and Nathan
- Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
- Happy Birthday Ervin, János, Péter, and Zoli!
- My Mathematical Dialogue with Jürgen Eckhoff
- Test Your Intuition (23): How Many Women?
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Top Posts & Pages
- Polymath 8 - a Success!
- The Kadison-Singer Conjecture has beed Proved by Adam Marcus, Dan Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava
- Why is mathematics possible?
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota's Conjecture on Matroids
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
Tag Archives: Turan’s problem
Cocycles Definition: A -cocycle is a collection of -subsets such that every -set contains an even number of sets in the collection. Alternative definition: Start with a collection of -sets and consider all -sets that contain an odd number of members … Continue reading
Turan’s problem asks for the minimum number of triangles on n vertices so that every 4 vertices span a triangle. (Or equivalently, for the maximum number of triangles on n vertices without a “tetrahedron”, namely without having four triangles on … Continue reading
I will write a little about how hectic things are now here at HU, and make two (somewhat related) follow-ups on previous posts: Tell you about Turan’s problem, and about Balázs Szegedi’s lecture from Marburg dealing with limits of graphs and hypergraphs. Local Events … Continue reading
The “basic notion seminar” is an initiative of David Kazhdan who joined HU math department around 2000. People give series of lectures about basic mathematics (or not so basic at times). Usually, speakers do not talk about their own research and not even … Continue reading