- Call for nominations for the Ostrowski Prize 2017
- Problems for Imre Bárány’s Birthday!
- Twelves short videos about members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria
- Jozsef Solymosi is Giving the 2017 Erdős Lectures in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Updates (belated) Between New Haven, Jerusalem, and Tel-Aviv
- Oded Goldreich Fest
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Around the Garsia-Stanley’s Partitioning Conjecture
- My Answer to TYI- 28
Top Posts & Pages
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- Updates and plans III.
- 'Gina Says'
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 2
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota's Conjecture on Matroids
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 1
Monthly Archives: June 2008
Here is another little sectionette from my book review “Economics and Common Sense” on Steven Landsburg’s book “More sex is Safe Sex: The Unconventional Wisdom of Economics”, that just appeared on the AMS Notices site. Of course this topic can lead to a lovely … Continue reading
I heard from Dan Romik and Richard Stanley about a very exciting development in enumerative combinatorics. It is quite amazing how new uncharted sections of the gold mine of tableaux, hooks, partitions, and permutations are repeatedly being discovered. Guo-Niu HAN … Continue reading