- Proof By Lice!
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon’s camel proof and algorithms
- Edmund Landau and the Early Days of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Boolean Functions: Influence, Threshold, and Noise
- Laci Babai Visits Israel!
- Polymath10 conclusion
- Is Heads-Up Poker in P?
- The Median Game
- International mathematics graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Top Posts & Pages
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Proof By Lice!
- Updates and plans III.
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Combinatorics, Mathematics, Academics, Polemics, ...
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
Monthly Archives: October 2008
Malawi Here are two additional sectionettes from my “Notices of the AMS” book review entitled “Economic and Common Sense” on Steven Landsburg’s book “More Sex is Safe Sex – the unconventional wisdom of economics”. Both sectionettes deal with Government intervention in economics. The first is about fertilizer … Continue reading
Usually I am not particularly good at telling math riddles or solving them, and I was not planning on presenting math riddles here. But these days, when mathematical blogs break new ground and enter uncharted territories, let me make an exception and tell you … Continue reading
This post collects some brief philosophical thoughts about mathematics that appeared as part of my paper “Combinatorics with a geometric flavor: some examples,” from the proceedings of the conference “Vision in Mathematics, towards 2000.” I added two small items (the first and … Continue reading
Compression We describe now a nice proof technique called “shifting” or “compression” and mention a few more problems. The Sauer-Shelah Lemma: Let . Recall that a family shatters a set if for every there is such that … Continue reading
Do you miss New York City? Here is something to remind you click here click also here (video) One more time? Click here. London lovers, however, say that this is nothing compared to