- Call for nominations for the Ostrowski Prize 2017
- Problems for Imre Bárány’s Birthday!
- Twelves short videos about members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria
- Jozsef Solymosi is Giving the 2017 Erdős Lectures in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Updates (belated) Between New Haven, Jerusalem, and Tel-Aviv
- Oded Goldreich Fest
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Around the Garsia-Stanley’s Partitioning Conjecture
- My Answer to TYI- 28
Top Posts & Pages
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Updates and plans III.
- Can Category Theory Serve as the Foundation of Mathematics?
- 'Gina Says'
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
- Raigorodskii's Theorem: Follow Up on Subsets of the Sphere without a Pair of Orthogonal Vectors
- Five Open Problems Regarding Convex Polytopes
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 2
Monthly Archives: May 2009
Part B: Finding special cap sets This is a second part in a 3-part series about variations on the cap set problem that I studied with Roy Meshulam. (The first post is here.) I will use here a different notation than in part … Continue reading
Update (july 2009): A detailed posting on the Thompson group appeared on “Geometry and the Imagination,” Danny Calegary’s blog. In spite of two recent preprints one claiming that the Thompson group is amenable and the other claiming the opposite, the problem appears … Continue reading