- My Very First Book “Gina Says”, Now Published by “World Scientific”
- Itai Benjamini: Coarse Uniformization and Percolation & A Paper by Itai and me in Honor of Lucio Russo
- After-Dinner Speech for Alex Lubotzky
- Boaz Barak: The different forms of quantum computing skepticism
- Bálint Virág: Random matrices for Russ
- Test Your Intuition 33: The Great Free Will Poll
- Must-read book by Avi Wigderson
- High Dimensional Combinatorics at the IIAS – Program Starts this Week; My course on Helly-type theorems; A workshop in Sde Boker
- Stan Wagon, TYI 23: Ladies and Gentlemen: The Answer
Top Posts & Pages
- My Very First Book "Gina Says", Now Published by "World Scientific"
- Elchanan Mossel's Amazing Dice Paradox (your answers to TYI 30)
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
- If Quantum Computers are not Possible Why are Classical Computers Possible?
Monthly Archives: June 2009
This is not as clear cut a question as the earlier ones, and if you do not know an answer then it will be difficult to figure one out just based on intuition. (But perhaps possible). If you are intrigued by … Continue reading
Praise for: ” ‘Gina Says,’ Adventures in the Blogsphere String War (Below the dividing line: Greg Kuperberg, Scott Aaronson, Clifford Johnson, Peter Woit, Motty Perry, Caterina Calsamiglia, Yuval Peres, Eva Illouz, and (right from the comment section) Luca Trevisan, Thomas … Continue reading
Update (November 2017): I received an advanced copy. How exciting! Update (October 2017): The much changed version of the book with beautiful drawing by my daughter Neta Kalai is soon to appear in print. It is published by World Scientific. Here … Continue reading
Jeff Kahn Jeff and I worked on the problem for several years. Once he visited me with his family for two weeks. Before the visit I emailed him and asked: What should we work on in your visit? Jeff asnwered: … Continue reading
Karol Borsuk conjectured in 1933 that every bounded set in can be covered by sets of smaller diameter. Jeff Kahn and I found a counterexample in 1993. It is based on the Frankl-Wilson theorem. Let be the set of vectors of length . … Continue reading
Are you aware of any? (current ones? old ones?)
(Not such a set) consider a planar set A with the following property. In every direction, the distance between the two parallel lines that touch A from both sides is the same! Must A be a circle?
Let G be a graph and u and v two vertices. (1) Let H be a random graph where every edge of G is chosen with probability ½. Let p be the probability that there is a path between u … Continue reading