- Avifest live streaming
- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- More Math from Facebook
Top Posts & Pages
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- When It Rains It Pours
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- Can Category Theory Serve as the Foundation of Mathematics?
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- The Erdős Szekeres polygon problem - Solved asymptotically by Andrew Suk.
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Itamar Pitowsky: Probability in Physics, Where does it Come From?
Monthly Archives: November 2009
Update: The midrasha is taking place now. After 3 and a half school-days we have a break untill sunday. Clicking on the poster above will lead you the webpage of the event and to a link to an online broadcast of the … Continue reading
Pavle Blagojevic, Benjamin Matschke, and Guenter Ziegler settled the “colorful Tverberg’s conjecture.” (Problem 6 in this post.) This gives a sharp version for Zivaljevic and Vrecica theorem, and crossed the “connectivity of chessboard complexes barrier”. Here is the link to the breakthrough paper.
So I did try mathoverflow a bit and it is a cool site. Over the few days I spent there I gained 593 reputation points, and no less than 9 bronze badges. The first answer I proposed gave me a badge as “teacher”, … Continue reading
This is a bit unusual post in the “test your intuition” corner as the problem is not entirely formal. How does random noise in the digital world typically look? Suppose you have a memory of n bits, or a memory based on a larger … Continue reading