- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
- Game Theory – on-line Course at IDC, Herzliya
Top Posts & Pages
- Game Theory 2020
- 'Gina Says'
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Dan Romik on the Riemann zeta function
- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim's two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- The story of Poincaré and his friend the baker
- Why is mathematics possible?
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Möbius randomness and computational complexity Last spring Peter Sarnak gave a thought-provoking lecture in Jerusalem. (Here are the very interesting slides of a similar lecture at I.A.S.) Here is a variation of the type of questions Peter has raised. The Prime … Continue reading
A world map. Canada seems much bigger than Israel. Note, however, that in the map countries near the equator looks smaller than they are. Update: The round-earth hypothesis is clearer to the people of New Zealand; see the comments section. … Continue reading
Michael Joswig pointed my attention to the following unbelievable front page of the Frankfurter Allgemeine.