- Call for nominations for the Ostrowski Prize 2017
- Problems for Imre Bárány’s Birthday!
- Twelves short videos about members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria
- Jozsef Solymosi is Giving the 2017 Erdős Lectures in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Updates (belated) Between New Haven, Jerusalem, and Tel-Aviv
- Oded Goldreich Fest
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Around the Garsia-Stanley’s Partitioning Conjecture
- My Answer to TYI- 28
Top Posts & Pages
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- Test your intuition 28: What is the most striking common feature to all these remarkable individuals
- Chess can be a Game of Luck
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Igor Pak's "Lectures on Discrete and Polyhedral Geometry"
- Important formulas in Combinatorics
- International mathematics graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Answer To Test Your Intuition (4)
- Francisco Santos Disproves the Hirsch Conjecture
Monthly Archives: October 2011
A small discussion in a meeting about two decades ago. Lior: Some people in the department think that they are wiser than what they really are John: I am really wiser than what I think I am. John’s statement is paradoxical … Continue reading
Alex Lubotzky and I are running together a year long course at HU on High Dimensional Expanders. High dimensional expanders are simplical (and more general) cell complexes which generalize expander graphs. The course will take place in Room 110 of the mathematics building … Continue reading