- Call for nominations for the Ostrowski Prize 2017
- Problems for Imre Bárány’s Birthday!
- Twelves short videos about members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria
- Jozsef Solymosi is Giving the 2017 Erdős Lectures in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Updates (belated) Between New Haven, Jerusalem, and Tel-Aviv
- Oded Goldreich Fest
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Around the Garsia-Stanley’s Partitioning Conjecture
- My Answer to TYI- 28
Top Posts & Pages
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- Test your intuition 28: What is the most striking common feature to all these remarkable individuals
- Chess can be a Game of Luck
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Igor Pak's "Lectures on Discrete and Polyhedral Geometry"
- Important formulas in Combinatorics
- International mathematics graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Answer To Test Your Intuition (4)
- Francisco Santos Disproves the Hirsch Conjecture
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Over Gowers’s blog Tim and I will make an attempt to revisit polymath5. Last Autumn I prepared three posts on the problems and we decided to launch them now. The first post is here. Here is a related MathOverflow question. … Continue reading
Near Nagoya: Firework festival; Kyoto: with Gunter Ziegler; with Takayuki Hibi, Hibi, Marge Bayer, Curtis Green and Richard Stanly; Tokyo: Peter Frankl; crowded crossing. Added later: Mazi and I at the same restaurant taken by Stanley. I just returned from … Continue reading