- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash’s Theorem. And more news on designs.
- The US Elections and Nate Silver: Informtion Aggregation, Noise Sensitivity, HEX, and Quantum Elections.
- Avifest live streaming
- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
Top Posts & Pages
- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash's Theorem. And more news on designs.
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- יופיה של המתמטיקה
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 1
- The Quantum Computer Puzzle @ Notices of the AMS
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Choongbum Lee proved the Burr-Erdős conjecture
Monthly Archives: July 2013
David Wilson and a cover of Shlomo’s recent book “Curvature in mathematics and physics” A few weeks ago, in David Kazhdan’s basic notion seminar, Shlomo Sternberg gave a lovely presentation Kirchhoff and Wilson via Kozdron and Stroock. The lecture is based on … Continue reading
Reshef, Moshe and Sam The question: (based on discussions with Reshef Meir, Moshe Tennenholtz, and Sam Payne) Tic Tac Toe is played since anciant times. For the common version, where the two players X and O take turns in marking … Continue reading
Paul Erdős in Jerusalem, 1933 1993 Update: Here is a link to a draft of a paper* based on the first part of this lecture. Some old and new problems in combinatorial geometry I: Around Borsuk’s problem. I just came back from … Continue reading