- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash’s Theorem. And more news on designs.
- Avifest live streaming
- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
Top Posts & Pages
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
- Stefan Steinerberger: The Ulam Sequence
- Can Category Theory Serve as the Foundation of Mathematics?
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 1
Monthly Archives: August 2013
After much hesitation, I decided to share with you the videos of my lecture: Open collaborative mathematics over the internet – three examples, that I gave last January in Doron Zeilberger’s seminar at Rutgers on experimental mathematics. Parts of the 47-minutes … Continue reading
Michal Karonski (left) who built Poland’s probabilistic combinatorics group at Poznań, and a sculpture honoring the Polish mathematicians who first broke the Enigma machine (right, with David Conlon, picture taken by Jacob Fox). Update: Here is a picture from 2015, while … Continue reading
Update (Nov 2014): Noise sensitivity of BosonSampling and computational complexity of noisy BosonSampling are studied in this paper by Guy Kindler and me. Some of my predictions from this post turned out to be false. In particular the noisy BosonSampling … Continue reading