- Call for nominations for the Ostrowski Prize 2017
- Problems for Imre Bárány’s Birthday!
- Twelves short videos about members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria
- Jozsef Solymosi is Giving the 2017 Erdős Lectures in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Updates (belated) Between New Haven, Jerusalem, and Tel-Aviv
- Oded Goldreich Fest
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Around the Garsia-Stanley’s Partitioning Conjecture
- My Answer to TYI- 28
Top Posts & Pages
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- Test your intuition 28: What is the most striking common feature to all these remarkable individuals
- Chess can be a Game of Luck
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Igor Pak's "Lectures on Discrete and Polyhedral Geometry"
- Important formulas in Combinatorics
- International mathematics graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Answer To Test Your Intuition (4)
- Francisco Santos Disproves the Hirsch Conjecture
Monthly Archives: October 2014
Noga with Uri Feige among various other heroes A few weeks ago I devoted a post to the 240-summit conference for Péter Frankl, Zoltán Füredi, Ervin Győri and János Pach, and today I will bring you the slides of Noga … Continue reading
Tversky, Kahneman, and Gili Bar-Hillel (WikiPedia). Taken by Maya Bar-Hillel at Stanford, summer 1979. The following post was kindly contributed by Ehud Friedgut. During the past week I’ve been reading, and greatly enjoying Daniel Kahneman’s brilliant book “Thinking fast … Continue reading