Ladies and gentlemen, a workshop in Princeton in honor of Avi Wigderson’s 60th birthday is coming on October. It will take place at Princeton on October 5-8 2016 right before FOCS 2016. Don’t miss the event !
Attendance is free but registration is required. Also there are funds for travel support for students for which you should apply before August 1st. Saturday lectures are joint with FOCS 2016 and will be held at the FOCS hotel (location TBA).
Here is what Boaz Barak, one of the organizers, wrote about Avi and the event:
Avi is one of the most productive, generous and collaborative researchers in our community (see mosiac below of his collaborators). So, it’s not surprising that we were able to get a great lineup of speakers to what promises to be a fantastic workshop on Computer Science, Mathematics, and their interactions.
Do you want to tell a story about Avi? or about Avi’s mathematics? or about collaborating with Avi? or to send some words of congratulations to Avi? Or something like that? Or something different? Or some reflections on the CS 1980 Technion picture below? or some guesses regarding the picture next to Avi in the very first post of this blog?
Just Contribute a comment and earn a prize of 10 Israeli shekels. (Your only duty would be to remind me about it when we meet.)
The theory of computing – goals and directions: twenty years later!
Speakers and Organizers:
Confirmed speakers are:
- Scott Aaronson – MIT
- Dorit Aharonov – Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Noga Alon – Tel Aviv University
- Zeev Dvir – Princeton University
- Oded Goldreich – Weizmann Institute of Science
- Shafi Goldwasser – MIT
Weizmann Institute of Science
- Russell Impagliazzo –
University of California, San Diego
- Gil Kalai – Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Richard Karp – University of California, Berkeley
- Nati Linial – Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Richard Lipton – Georgia Institute of Technology
- László Lovász – Eötvös Loránd University
- Alex Lubotzky – Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Silvio Micali – MIT
- Noam Nisan – Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Toniann Pitassi – University of Toronto
- Alexander Razborov – University of Chicago
- Omer Reingold – Samsung Research America
- Michael Saks – Rutgers University
- Ronen Shaltiel – University of Haifa
- Madhu Sudan – Harvard University
- Eyal Wigderson – Hebrew University of Jerusalem
And here are the list of confirmed organizers:
- Sanjeev Arora – Princeton University
- Boaz Barak – Harvard University
- Ran Raz – Weizmann Institute of Science
- Peter Sarnak – Princeton University,
Institute for Advanced Study
- Amir Shpilka – Tel Aviv University