- Reflections: On the Occasion of Ron Adin’s and Yuval Roichman’s Birthdays, and FPSAC 2021
- ICM 2018 Rio (5) Assaf Naor, Geordie Williamson and Christian Lubich
- Test your intuition 47: AGC-GTC-TGC-GTC-TGC-GAC-GATC-? what comes next in the sequence?
- Cheerful news in difficult times: Richard Stanley wins the Steele Prize for lifetime achievement!
- Combinatorial Theory is Born
- To cheer you up in difficult times 34: Ringel Circle Problem solved by James Davies, Chaya Keller, Linda Kleist, Shakhar Smorodinsky, and Bartosz Walczak
- Good Codes papers are on the arXiv
- To cheer you up in difficult times 33: Deep learning leads to progress in knot theory and on the conjecture that Kazhdan-Lusztig polynomials are combinatorial.
- The Logarithmic Minkowski Problem
Top Posts & Pages
- Navier-Stokes Fluid Computers
- The Intermediate Value Theorem Applied to Football
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- To Cheer You Up in Difficult Times 31: Federico Ardila's Four Axioms for Cultivating Diversity
- Amazing: Karim Adiprasito proved the g-conjecture for spheres!
- 'Gina Says'
- To cheer you up in difficult times 27: A major recent "Lean" proof verification
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Monthly Archives: March 2017
The fifteen remarkable individuals in the previous post are all the recipients of the SIGACT Distinguished Service Prize since it was established in 1997. The most striking common feature to all of them is, in my view, that they are all … Continue reading
Test your intuition 28: What is the most striking common feature to all these remarkable individuals
Test your intuition: What is the most striking common feature to all these fifteen remarkable individuals László Babai; Avi Wigderson; Lance Fortnow; Lane Hemaspaandra; Sampath Kannan; Hal Gabow; Richard Karp; Tom Leighton; Rockford J. Ross; Alan Selman; Michael Langston; S. … Continue reading
The Ramsey numbers R(s,t) The Ramsey number R(s, t) is defined to be the smallest n such that every graph of order n contains either a clique of s vertices or an independent set of t vertices. Understanding the values … Continue reading
On the occasion of Polymath 12 devoted to the Rota basis conjecture let me remind you about the Alon-Tarsi conjecture and test your intuition concerning a strong form of the conjecture. The sign of a Latin square is the product … Continue reading