- Alef Corner: Math Collaboration
- Alef’s Corner: Math Collaboration 2
- To cheer you up in difficult times 11: Immortal Songs by Sabine Hossenfelder and by Tom Lehrer
- To cheer you up in difficult times 10: Noam Elkies’ Piano Improvisations and more
- Quantum Matters
- To cheer you up in difficult times 9: Alexey Pokrovskiy proved that Rota’s Basis Conjecture holds asymptotically
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski’s Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Noam Lifshitz: A new hypercontractivity inequality — The proof!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 7: Bloom and Sisask just broke the logarithm barrier for Roth’s theorem!
Top Posts & Pages
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Quantum Matters
- Gil's Collegial Quantum Supremacy Skepticism FAQ
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski's Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A sensation in the morning news - Yaroslav Shitov: Counterexamples to Hedetniemi's conjecture.
- Elchanan Mossel's Amazing Dice Paradox (your answers to TYI 30)
- Hoi Nguyen and Melanie Wood: Remarkable Formulas for the Probability that Projections of Lattices are Surjective
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
Monthly Archives: February 2020
Remarkable New Stochastic Methods in ABF: Ronen Eldan and Renan Gross Found a New Proof for KKL and Settled a Conjecture by Talagrand
The main conjecture from Talagrand’s paper on boundaries and influences was settled by Ronen Eldan and Renan Gross. Their paper introduces a new powerful method to the field of analysis of Boolean functions (ABF). This post is devoted to … Continue reading
Hoi Nguyen and Melanie Wood: Remarkable Formulas for the Probability that Projections of Lattices are Surjective
Following a lecture by Hoi Nguyen at Oberwolfach, I would like to tell you a little about the paper: Random integral matrices: universality of surjectivity and the cokernel by Hoi Nguyen and Melanie Wood. Two background questions: Hoi started with … Continue reading
Last week we had a lovely small workshop in Eilat organized by Nathan Rubin, and as possible since the peace agreement of 1994 between Israel and Jordan, we visited Jordan for one day and saw the spectacular ancient city of … Continue reading
The result on Paley Graphs by Hanson and Petridis On May 2019, Brandon Hanson and Giorgis Petridis posed a paper on the arXive: Refined Estimates Concerning Sumsets Contained in the Roots of Unity. The abstract was almost as short as … Continue reading
My thoughts are with the people of China who are at the forefront of the struggle with the coronavirus outbreak.