- Call for nominations for the Ostrowski Prize 2017
- Problems for Imre Bárány’s Birthday!
- Twelves short videos about members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria
- Jozsef Solymosi is Giving the 2017 Erdős Lectures in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Updates (belated) Between New Haven, Jerusalem, and Tel-Aviv
- Oded Goldreich Fest
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Around the Garsia-Stanley’s Partitioning Conjecture
- My Answer to TYI- 28
Top Posts & Pages
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- Updates and plans III.
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 2
- 'Gina Says'
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 1
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Greatest Hits
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota's Conjecture on Matroids
Category Archives: Art
This is a (very much) belated update post from the beginning of March (2016). New Haven I spent six weeks in February (2016) in New Haven. It was very nice to get back to Yale after more than two years. Here … Continue reading
My beloved mother Carmella Kalai passed away last week. With me, 1956 My father Hanoch Kalai, my mother Carmella, My sister Tamar (Tami) and me around 1957).
Maximal lattice-free convex bodies introduced by Herb Scarf and the related complex of maximal lattice free simplices (also known as the Scarf complex) are remarkable geometric constructions with deep connections to combinatorics, convex geometry, integer programming, game theory, fixed point computations, … Continue reading
The Debate continues The debate between Aram Harrow and me on Godel Lost letter and P=NP (GLL) regarding quantum fault tolerance continues. The first post entitled Perpetual motions of the 21th century featured mainly my work, with a short response by Aram. … Continue reading
Rodica Simion immigrated to the United States from Romania. She was a Professor of Mathematices at George Washington University untill her untimely death on January 7, 2000. Her poem “Immigrant complex” appeared in : “Against Infinity”, An Anthology of Contemporary … Continue reading
And in my office, there is a beautiful autoportrait by my sister Tamar Kalai. (Click for a deatiled picture.)