- Reflections: On the Occasion of Ron Adin’s and Yuval Roichman’s Birthdays, and FPSAC 2021
- ICM 2018 Rio (5) Assaf Naor, Geordie Williamson and Christian Lubich
- Test your intuition 47: AGC-GTC-TGC-GTC-TGC-GAC-GATC-? what comes next in the sequence?
- Cheerful news in difficult times: Richard Stanley wins the Steele Prize for lifetime achievement!
- Combinatorial Theory is Born
- To cheer you up in difficult times 34: Ringel Circle Problem solved by James Davies, Chaya Keller, Linda Kleist, Shakhar Smorodinsky, and Bartosz Walczak
- Good Codes papers are on the arXiv
- To cheer you up in difficult times 33: Deep learning leads to progress in knot theory and on the conjecture that Kazhdan-Lusztig polynomials are combinatorial.
- The Logarithmic Minkowski Problem
Top Posts & Pages
- Navier-Stokes Fluid Computers
- The Intermediate Value Theorem Applied to Football
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- To Cheer You Up in Difficult Times 31: Federico Ardila's Four Axioms for Cultivating Diversity
- Amazing: Karim Adiprasito proved the g-conjecture for spheres!
- 'Gina Says'
- To cheer you up in difficult times 27: A major recent "Lean" proof verification
- An interview with Noga Alon
Category Archives: Art
QED: Version 2
Quantum poetry for the skeptics had long roots, and, also here, Peter Shor along with Jennifer Shor had a pioneering role. Volker Strassen’s response is the earliest poem known to me on the skeptics’ side. We will start with Jennifer … Continue reading
Stars shining bright above you, Night breezes seem to whisper “I love you” Birds singing in the sycamore tree. Dream a little dream. (YouTube) Greetings from NYC everybody! Peter Shor pioneered (Nov 26, 2019) quantum poetry for the skeptics over … Continue reading
Alef’s new piece for ICM 2022 will surely cheer you up!
After Picasso 1955. Happy Passover to all our readers. More from Alef’s corner
In 2009 I wrote a book “Gina Says” that appeared here on the blog, about the adventures of “Gina” in the blogsphere. In 2017 the book (edited and shortened a little) appeared in “world scientific.” The most important additions were … Continue reading
A timely quote “If there’s so much shit around, there has to be a pony somewhere.” Arundhati Roy, The God of Small Things and Give me a couple of years free from other duties, and I shall complete the task … Continue reading
Another artistic view by Alef on mathematical collaboration. Other Alef’s corner posts