- Proof By Lice!
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon’s camel proof and algorithms
- Edmund Landau and the Early Days of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Boolean Functions: Influence, Threshold, and Noise
- Laci Babai Visits Israel!
- Polymath10 conclusion
- Is Heads-Up Poker in P?
- The Median Game
- International mathematics graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Top Posts & Pages
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Proof By Lice!
- Polymath10: The Erdos Rado Delta System Conjecture
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Updates and plans III.
- Extremal Combinatorics III: Some Basic Theorems
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- When It Rains It Pours
Category Archives: Conferences
The workshop on the “polynomial method” will take place at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem on Monday Dec 26 and Tuesday Dec 27. The event is organized by Jordan Ellenberg and Gil Kalai. Program: Monday 10-11:45 (Combinatorics seminar) Adam Shefer – … Continue reading
Live streaming for Avifest is available here. The program is here. Following the first two lectures I can witness that the technical quality of the broadcast is very good and the scientific quality of the lectures is superb. As this is … Continue reading
Ladies and gentlemen, A midrasha (school) in honor of Alex Lubotzky’s 60th birthday will take place from November 6 – November 11, 2016 at the Israel Institute for Advanced Studies, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Don’t miss the event! And … Continue reading
The Mathematics of Jiří Matoušek is a conference taking place this week at Prague in memory of Jirka Matoušek. Here are the slides of my planned talk on Maestro Jirka Matoušek. This post presents the opening slides for the conference … Continue reading
Ladies and gentlemen, a workshop in Princeton in honor of Avi Wigderson’s 60th birthday is coming on October. It will take place at Princeton on October 5-8 2016 right before FOCS 2016. Don’t miss the event ! Attendance is free but … Continue reading
Three Conferences: Joel Spencer, April 29-30, Courant; Joel Hass May 20-22, Berkeley, Jean Bourgain May 21-24, IAS, Princeton
Dear all, I would like to advertise three promising-to-be wonderful mathematical conferences in the very near future. Quick TYI. See if you can guess the title and speaker for a lecture described by “where the mathematics of Cauchy, Fourier, Sobolev, … Continue reading
Update (Jan 21) j) Polymath11 (?) Tim Gowers’s proposed a polymath project on Frankl’s conjecture. If it will get off the ground we will have (with polymath10) two projects running in parallel which is very nice. (In the comments Jon Awbrey gave … Continue reading
Update on the great Noga’s Formulas competition. (Link to the original post, many cash prizes are still for grab!) This is the third “Updates and plans post”. The first one was from 2008 and the second one from 2011. Updates: Combinatorics and … Continue reading
Ladies and gentlemen, a conference celebrating Noga Alon’s 60th birthday is coming on January. It will take place at Tel Aviv University on January 17-21. Here is the event webpage. Don’t miss the event ! Cash Prizes! The poster includes 15 … Continue reading