- Reflections: On the Occasion of Ron Adin’s and Yuval Roichman’s Birthdays, and FPSAC 2021
- ICM 2018 Rio (5) Assaf Naor, Geordie Williamson and Christian Lubich
- Test your intuition 47: AGC-GTC-TGC-GTC-TGC-GAC-GATC-? what comes next in the sequence?
- Cheerful news in difficult times: Richard Stanley wins the Steele Prize for lifetime achievement!
- Combinatorial Theory is Born
- To cheer you up in difficult times 34: Ringel Circle Problem solved by James Davies, Chaya Keller, Linda Kleist, Shakhar Smorodinsky, and Bartosz Walczak
- Good Codes papers are on the arXiv
- To cheer you up in difficult times 33: Deep learning leads to progress in knot theory and on the conjecture that Kazhdan-Lusztig polynomials are combinatorial.
- The Logarithmic Minkowski Problem
Top Posts & Pages
- Navier-Stokes Fluid Computers
- The Intermediate Value Theorem Applied to Football
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- To Cheer You Up in Difficult Times 31: Federico Ardila's Four Axioms for Cultivating Diversity
- Amazing: Karim Adiprasito proved the g-conjecture for spheres!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 27: A major recent "Lean" proof verification
- 'Gina Says'
- Aubrey de Grey: The chromatic number of the plane is at least 5
Category Archives: Geology
Yeshu Kolodni and Lord Kelvin The question In 1862, the physicist William Thomson (who later became Lord Kelvin) of Glasgow published calculations that fixed the age of Earth at between 20 million and 400 … Continue reading
The age of the earth (Thanks to Yeshu Kolodny) We now know that the age of the earth is 4.54±1% Billion years. From Wikipedea: In 1862, the physicist William Thomson (who later became Lord Kelvin) of Glasgow published calculations that … Continue reading