- Alef Corner: Math Collaboration
- Alef’s Corner: Math Collaboration 2
- To cheer you up in difficult times 11: Immortal Songs by Sabine Hossenfelder and by Tom Lehrer
- To cheer you up in difficult times 10: Noam Elkies’ Piano Improvisations and more
- Quantum Matters
- To cheer you up in difficult times 9: Alexey Pokrovskiy proved that Rota’s Basis Conjecture holds asymptotically
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski’s Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Noam Lifshitz: A new hypercontractivity inequality — The proof!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 7: Bloom and Sisask just broke the logarithm barrier for Roth’s theorem!
Top Posts & Pages
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Quantum Matters
- Gil's Collegial Quantum Supremacy Skepticism FAQ
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski's Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A sensation in the morning news - Yaroslav Shitov: Counterexamples to Hedetniemi's conjecture.
- Elchanan Mossel's Amazing Dice Paradox (your answers to TYI 30)
- Extremal Combinatorics IV: Shifting
- Are Natural Mathematical Problems Bad Problems?
Category Archives: ICM2018
This is my fourth report from ICM2018. (I plan one more.) As I already mentioned, Combinatorics was very nicely represented at ICM2018. The combinatorics session itself was great, and there were quite a few other sessions and other lectures … Continue reading
This post is my third report from ICM 2018. You may remember that I had planned to live-blog on the last four days of the congress but on Monday evening I realized that this was an unrealistic task and decided … Continue reading
The Video of my ICM2018 lecture is now on the air Here are the (slightly improved) slides. I made the mistake of trying to improve my slides in the evening before the lecture and in the morning I discovered that … Continue reading
With Peter Sarnak, Stas Smirnov, and Tadashi Tokieda at Sugar Loaf (Pão de Açúcar), Rio. At Sugar Loaf with Stas and Edward Dunne This is my second report from ICM 2018. Some acronyms are used in this post. ICM = … Continue reading
I just came back from Rio from a great congress. Many great talks and many exciting meetings with old and new friends. I had planned to live-blog on the last four days of the congress but on Monday evening I … Continue reading
ICM 2018 at Rio, ICM Trivia Questions, the Sao Paulo General Assembly Meeting, and Other Excitements
ICM-trivia questions You can test yourself in the questions below and then look at the Wikipedea article for the answers. Mondial – scale excitements are here again! Not since the Mondial’s final match between France and Croatia, has an excitement … Continue reading