- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
- Game Theory – on-line Course at IDC, Herzliya
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Romik on the Riemann zeta function
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- If Quantum Computers are not Possible Why are Classical Computers Possible?
- 'Gina Says'
- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim's two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- The story of Poincaré and his friend the baker
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Game Theory 2020
Category Archives: ICM2018
This is my fourth report from ICM2018. (I plan one more.) As I already mentioned, Combinatorics was very nicely represented at ICM2018. The combinatorics session itself was great, and there were quite a few other sessions and other lectures … Continue reading
This post is my third report from ICM 2018. You may remember that I had planned to live-blog on the last four days of the congress but on Monday evening I realized that this was an unrealistic task and decided … Continue reading
The Video of my ICM2018 lecture is now on the air Here are the (slightly improved) slides. I made the mistake of trying to improve my slides in the evening before the lecture and in the morning I discovered that … Continue reading
With Peter Sarnak, Stas Smirnov, and Tadashi Tokieda at Sugar Loaf (Pão de Açúcar), Rio. At Sugar Loaf with Stas and Edward Dunne This is my second report from ICM 2018. Some acronyms are used in this post. ICM = … Continue reading
I just came back from Rio from a great congress. Many great talks and many exciting meetings with old and new friends. I had planned to live-blog on the last four days of the congress but on Monday evening I … Continue reading
ICM 2018 at Rio, ICM Trivia Questions, the Sao Paulo General Assembly Meeting, and Other Excitements
ICM-trivia questions You can test yourself in the questions below and then look at the Wikipedea article for the answers. Mondial – scale excitements are here again! Not since the Mondial’s final match between France and Croatia, has an excitement … Continue reading