- My Very First Book “Gina Says”, Now Published by “World Scientific”
- Itai Benjamini: Coarse Uniformization and Percolation & A Paper by Itai and me in Honor of Lucio Russo
- After-Dinner Speech for Alex Lubotzky
- Boaz Barak: The different forms of quantum computing skepticism
- Bálint Virág: Random matrices for Russ
- Test Your Intuition 33: The Great Free Will Poll
- Must-read book by Avi Wigderson
- High Dimensional Combinatorics at the IIAS – Program Starts this Week; My course on Helly-type theorems; A workshop in Sde Boker
- Stan Wagon, TYI 23: Ladies and Gentlemen: The Answer
Top Posts & Pages
- My Very First Book "Gina Says", Now Published by "World Scientific"
- Elchanan Mossel's Amazing Dice Paradox (your answers to TYI 30)
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
- If Quantum Computers are not Possible Why are Classical Computers Possible?
Category Archives: Law
The following post was kindly contributed by Eyal Sulganik from IDC (Interdiciplinary Center) Herzliya. Eyal was motivated by our poll on certainty “beyond a reasonable doubt,” which is related to several issues in accounting. Mathematicians, I believe, are always looking … Continue reading
(Motivated by two questions from Gowers’s How should mathematics be taught to non mathematicians.)
Today (April 27, 2012) it is precisely 213 years 7 months, and 29 days to the completion of the declaration of the rights of man, which makes it a perfect occasion to celebrate this remarkable human creation. Here is a … Continue reading
עדכון (4 ליולי 2010): בית הדין הארצי לעבודה ביטל את פסק הדין של בית המשפא האזורי ונתן מעמד של פסק דין לפשרה שהושגה בין ד”ר חנה קהת לבין מכללת אורות ואשר מסדירה את תנאי העסקתה משנת הלימודים הבאה. ראה למטה … Continue reading
A recent interesting article by Ariel Rubinstein entitled “Digital Sodom” (in Hebrew) argues that certain forms of futures trading (and Internet sites where these forms of trading take place) are essentially gambling activities. The issue of “what is gambling” is very intereting. In an earlier … Continue reading