- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash’s Theorem. And more news on designs.
- The US Elections and Nate Silver: Informtion Aggregation, Noise Sensitivity, HEX, and Quantum Elections.
- Avifest live streaming
- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
Top Posts & Pages
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash's Theorem. And more news on designs.
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- The Erdős Szekeres polygon problem - Solved asymptotically by Andrew Suk.
- Greg Kuperberg: It is in NP to Tell if a Knot is Knotted! (under GRH!)
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- יופיה של המתמטיקה
Category Archives: Mathematical logic and set theory
Update (May 2014): The second MO contributor to answer 1000 questions is another distinguished mathematician (and a firend) Igor Rivin. Joel David Hamkins’ profile over MathOverflow reads: “My main research interest lies in mathematical logic, particularly set theory, focusing on the … Continue reading
Cantor proved and we all know that for every cardinal we have This is a very basic fact about cardinal arithmetic and it is nice that the proof works for finite and infinite cardinals equally well. (For the finite case it … Continue reading