- Reflections: On the Occasion of Ron Adin’s and Yuval Roichman’s Birthdays, and FPSAC 2021
- ICM 2018 Rio (5) Assaf Naor, Geordie Williamson and Christian Lubich
- Test your intuition 47: AGC-GTC-TGC-GTC-TGC-GAC-GATC-? what comes next in the sequence?
- Cheerful news in difficult times: Richard Stanley wins the Steele Prize for lifetime achievement!
- Combinatorial Theory is Born
- To cheer you up in difficult times 34: Ringel Circle Problem solved by James Davies, Chaya Keller, Linda Kleist, Shakhar Smorodinsky, and Bartosz Walczak
- Good Codes papers are on the arXiv
- To cheer you up in difficult times 33: Deep learning leads to progress in knot theory and on the conjecture that Kazhdan-Lusztig polynomials are combinatorial.
- The Logarithmic Minkowski Problem
Top Posts & Pages
- Navier-Stokes Fluid Computers
- The Intermediate Value Theorem Applied to Football
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- To Cheer You Up in Difficult Times 31: Federico Ardila's Four Axioms for Cultivating Diversity
- Amazing: Karim Adiprasito proved the g-conjecture for spheres!
- 'Gina Says'
- To cheer you up in difficult times 27: A major recent "Lean" proof verification
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Category Archives: personal
After Picasso 1955. Happy Passover to all our readers. More from Alef’s corner
In 1971/1972 academic year, I was an undergraduate student at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and toward the end of the year I wrote a paper about Abel’s sums. I sent it to John Riordan the author of the books … Continue reading
Update: White eye have made it to the list of five Oscar candidates! Congratulations! My nephew Kobi Mizrahi is a well known movie producer and it was just announced that his short film “White eye” (עין לבנה) made it to … Continue reading
For breaking news, scroll down. Lior Kalai: Survivor Meets the Monty Hall Puzzle We start with the classical question and go on with a new version contributed by my son Lior. Update: A few brief comments on the original problem … Continue reading
An after-dinner speech given on November 9, 2016*, on Alex Lubotzky’s 60th birthday conference: 60 faces to Groups. As we all realized waking up this morning, today is a historic day*. It is the dinner day for Alex 60th‘s … Continue reading
Some personal/historical remarks in first minutes of my lecture at 7ECM on July 2016… German-Jewish mathematicians in the early days of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Being invited to give a plenary lecture at the 7ECM was a great honor … Continue reading
My beloved mother Carmella Kalai passed away last week. With me, 1956 My father Hanoch Kalai, my mother Carmella, My sister Tamar (Tami) and me around 1957).
With Ilan, my four month old grandson