- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
- Game Theory – on-line Course at IDC, Herzliya
Top Posts & Pages
- Game Theory 2020
- 'Gina Says'
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Dan Romik on the Riemann zeta function
- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim's two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- The story of Poincaré and his friend the baker
- Why is mathematics possible?
Category Archives: personal
An after-dinner speech given on November 9, 2016*, on Alex Lubotzky’s 60th birthday conference: 60 faces to Groups. As we all realized waking up this morning, today is a historic day*. It is the dinner day for Alex 60th‘s … Continue reading
Some personal/historical remarks in first minutes of my lecture at 7ECM on July 2016… German-Jewish mathematicians in the early days of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Being invited to give a plenary lecture at the 7ECM was a great honor … Continue reading
My beloved mother Carmella Kalai passed away last week. With me, 1956 My father Hanoch Kalai, my mother Carmella, My sister Tamar (Tami) and me around 1957).
With Ilan, my four month old grandson