- Mathematical news to cheer you up
- To Cheer You Up in Difficult Times 28: Math On the Beach (Alef’s Corner)
- To cheer you up in difficult times 27: A major recent “Lean” proof verification
- To cheer you up in difficult times 26: Two real-life lectures yesterday at the Technion
- To Cheer You Up in Difficult times 24: Borodin’s colouring conjecture!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 25: some mathematical news! (Part 2)
- To cheer you up in difficult times 23: the original hand-written slides of Terry Tao’s 2015 Einstein Lecture in Jerusalem
- Alef Corner: ICM2022
- The probabilistic proof that 2^400-593 is a prime: a revolutionary new type of mathematical proof, or not a proof at all?
Top Posts & Pages
- Mathematical news to cheer you up
- The Argument Against Quantum Computers - A Very Short Introduction
- A sensation in the morning news - Yaroslav Shitov: Counterexamples to Hedetniemi's conjecture.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 27: A major recent "Lean" proof verification
- Zur Luria on the n-Queens Problem
- To Cheer You Up in Difficult Times 28: Math On the Beach (Alef's Corner)
- The Quantum Fault-Tolerance Debate Updates
- Around Borsuk’s Conjecture 3: How to Save Borsuk's conjecture
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
Category Archives: Polymath10
The Polymath10 project on the Erdos-Rado Delta-System conjecture took place over this blog from November 2015 to May 2016. I aimed for an easy-going project that people could participate calmly aside from their main research efforts and the duration of … Continue reading
Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
In earlier posts I proposed a homological approach to the Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture. I will describe again this approach in the second part of this post. Of course, discussion of other avenues for the study of the conjecture are welcome. The purpose … Continue reading
While slowly writing Post 5 (now planned to be Post 6) of our polymath10 project on the Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, the very recent proof (see this post) that cap sets have exponentially small density has changed matters greatly! It implies … Continue reading
It is time for a new polymath10 post on the Erdos-Rado Sunflower Conjecture. (Here are the links for post1, post2, post3.) Let me summarize the discussion from Post 3 and we can discuss together what directions to peruse. It is … Continue reading
Update (Jan 21) j) Polymath11 (?) Tim Gowers’s proposed a polymath project on Frankl’s conjecture. If it will get off the ground we will have (with polymath10) two projects running in parallel which is very nice. (In the comments Jon Awbrey gave … Continue reading
The main purpose of this post is to start a new research thread for Polymath 10 dealing with the Erdos-Rado Sunflower problem. (Here are links to post 2 and post 1.) Here is a very quick review of where we … Continue reading
We launched polymath10 a week ago and it is time for the second post. In this post I will remind the readers what the Erdos-Rado Conjecture and the Erdos-Rado theorem are, briefly mention some points made in the previous post and in … Continue reading
The purpose of this post is to start the polymath10 project. It is one of the nine projects (project 3d) proposed by Tim Gowers in his post “possible future polymath projects”. The plan is to attack Erdos-Rado delta system conjecture also known as the … Continue reading