- Call for nominations for the Ostrowski Prize 2017
- Problems for Imre Bárány’s Birthday!
- Twelves short videos about members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria
- Jozsef Solymosi is Giving the 2017 Erdős Lectures in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Updates (belated) Between New Haven, Jerusalem, and Tel-Aviv
- Oded Goldreich Fest
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Around the Garsia-Stanley’s Partitioning Conjecture
- My Answer to TYI- 28
Top Posts & Pages
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- Updates and plans III.
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 2
- 'Gina Says'
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 1
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Greatest Hits
- Jim Geelen, Bert Gerards, and Geoﬀ Whittle Solved Rota's Conjecture on Matroids
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Combinatorics and More’s Greatest Hits First Month Combinatorics, Mathematics, Academics, Polemics, … Helly’s Theorem, “Hypertrees”, and Strange Enumeration I (There were 3 follow up posts:) Extremal Combinatorics I: Extremal Problems on Set Systems (There were 4 follow up posts II ; III; IV; VI) Drachmas Rationality, Economics and … Continue reading
Here is a lovely lecture starting with quantum computers, going through the Feldenkrais method, and ending with a mathematical puzzle. Click on the picture for the video of the talk. Here are Dorit’s four body-mind principles for learning: 1. Start … Continue reading
Visiting London, Cambridge and the very interesting 2010 British Colloquium in Theoretical Computer Science at Edinburgh was splendid! More later. But a poll is called for. How to call the area to collect your baggage: “Baggage reclaim” or “Baggage claim”? … Continue reading
Jeff Kahn Jeff and I worked on the problem for several years. Once he visited me with his family for two weeks. Before the visit I emailed him and asked: What should we work on in your visit? Jeff asnwered: … Continue reading
Are you aware of any? (current ones? old ones?)
Which is larger, the generation gap between you and your perents or the generation gap between you and your children?
Since an agreement for the release of Gilad Shalit in exchange for the release of Hamas prisoners could not be reached, I propose to initiate negotiations (perhaps with Egyptian help) on the improvement of Gilad Shalit’s captivity conditions. In return … Continue reading