- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash’s Theorem. And more news on designs.
- The US Elections and Nate Silver: Informtion Aggregation, Noise Sensitivity, HEX, and Quantum Elections.
- Avifest live streaming
- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
Top Posts & Pages
- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash's Theorem. And more news on designs.
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- יופיה של המתמטיקה
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 1
- The Quantum Computer Puzzle @ Notices of the AMS
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Choongbum Lee proved the Burr-Erdős conjecture
Category Archives: Updates
Between 11-15 of September 2016 there will be a special mathematical workshop for excellent undergraduate students at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. In parallel there will also be a workshop in physics. These workshops are aimed for second and third … Continue reading
A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
Maryna Viazovska The news Maryna Viazovska has solved the densest packing problem in dimension eight! Subsequently, Maryna Viazovska with Henry Cohn, Steve Miller, Abhinav Kumar, and Danilo Radchenko solved the densest packing problem in 24 dimensions! Here are the links to … Continue reading
Update (Jan 21) j) Polymath11 (?) Tim Gowers’s proposed a polymath project on Frankl’s conjecture. If it will get off the ground we will have (with polymath10) two projects running in parallel which is very nice. (In the comments Jon Awbrey gave … Continue reading
Update on the great Noga’s Formulas competition. (Link to the original post, many cash prizes are still for grab!) This is the third “Updates and plans post”. The first one was from 2008 and the second one from 2011. Updates: Combinatorics and … Continue reading
Ladies and gentlemen, a conference celebrating Noga Alon’s 60th birthday is coming on January. It will take place at Tel Aviv University on January 17-21. Here is the event webpage. Don’t miss the event ! Cash Prizes! The poster includes 15 … Continue reading
My beloved mother Carmella Kalai passed away last week. With me, 1956 My father Hanoch Kalai, my mother Carmella, My sister Tamar (Tami) and me around 1957).
Let be a graph. The Ramsey number is the smallest such that whenever you color the edges of the complete graph with vertices with two colors blue and red, you can either find a blue copy or a red copy … Continue reading
It is a pleasure to announce my own birthday conference which will take place in Jerusalem on June 15-16 2015. Here is the meeting’s homepage! The organizers asked me also to mention that some support for accommodation in Jerusalem for the … Continue reading
Angry birds peace treaty by Eretz Nehederet Arqade A few years ago I became interested in the question of whather new versions of the computer game “Angry Birds” gradually makes it easier to get high scores. Devoted to the idea of … Continue reading
Arguably mathematics is getting harder, although some people claim that also in the old times parts of it were hard and known only to a few experts before major simplifications had changed matters. Let me report here about two recent remarkable simplifications … Continue reading