- To cheer you up in difficult times 7: Bloom and Sisask just broke the logarithm barrier for Roth’s theorem!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
Top Posts & Pages
- To cheer you up in difficult times 7: Bloom and Sisask just broke the logarithm barrier for Roth's theorem!
- Kelman, Kindler, Lifshitz, Minzer, and Safra: Towards the Entropy-Influence Conjecture
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- Amazing: Karim Adiprasito proved the g-conjecture for spheres!
- Amazing! Keith Frankston, Jeff Kahn, Bhargav Narayanan, Jinyoung Park: Thresholds versus fractional expectation-thresholds
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Subhash Khot, Dor Minzer and Muli Safra completed the proof of the 2-to-2 Games Conjecture
- Amazing: Hao Huang Proved the Sensitivity Conjecture!
Search Results for: sunflower conjecture
The Polymath10 project on the Erdos-Rado Delta-System conjecture took place over this blog from November 2015 to May 2016. I aimed for an easy-going project that people could participate calmly aside from their main research efforts and the duration of … Continue reading
Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
A quote from a recent post from Jordan Ellenberg‘s blog Quomodocumque: Briefly: it seems to me that the idea of the Croot-Lev-Pach paper I posted about yesterday (GK: see also my last post) can indeed be used to give a new bound … Continue reading
It is time for a new polymath10 post on the Erdos-Rado Sunflower Conjecture. (Here are the links for post1, post2, post3.) Let me summarize the discussion from Post 3 and we can discuss together what directions to peruse. It is … Continue reading
We launched polymath10 a week ago and it is time for the second post. In this post I will remind the readers what the Erdos-Rado Conjecture and the Erdos-Rado theorem are, briefly mention some points made in the previous post and in … Continue reading
. Shattering Let us return to extremal problems for families of sets and describe several basic theorems and basic open problems. In the next part we will discuss a nice proof technique called “shifting” or “compression.” The Sauer-Shelah (-Perles -Vapnik-Chervonenkis) Lemma: (Here we write .) … Continue reading