- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash’s Theorem. And more news on designs.
- The US Elections and Nate Silver: Informtion Aggregation, Noise Sensitivity, HEX, and Quantum Elections.
- Avifest live streaming
- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
Top Posts & Pages
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- Can Category Theory Serve as the Foundation of Mathematics?
- When It Rains It Pours
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Sarkaria's Proof of Tverberg's Theorem 1
- Midrasha Mathematicae #18: In And Around Combinatorics
- Taking balls away: Oz' Version
Tag Archives: Fault-tolerance
Smart fluid Terry Tao posted a very intriguing post on the Navier-Stokes equation, based on a recently uploaded paper Finite time blowup for an averaged three-dimensional Navier-Stokes equation. The paper proved a remarkable negative answer for the regularity conjecture for a certain … Continue reading
I wrote a short paper entitled “when noise accumulates” that contains the main conceptual points (described rather formally) of my work regarding noisy quantum computers. Here is the paper. (Update: Here is a new version, Dec 2010.) The new exciting innovation in computer … Continue reading
“Imagine there’s no heaven, it’s easy(?) if you try,” John Lennon Disclaimer: It is a reasonable belief (look here, and here), and an extremely reasonable working assumption (look here) that computationally superior quantum computers can be built. (This post and the … Continue reading