- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- More Math from Facebook
- The Erdős Szekeres polygon problem – Solved asymptotically by Andrew Suk.
Top Posts & Pages
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- The Simplex, the Cyclic polytope, the Positroidron, the Amplituhedron, and Beyond
- Polymath10: The Erdos Rado Delta System Conjecture
- When It Rains It Pours
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
- In how many ways you can chose a committee of three students from a class of ten students?
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
Tag Archives: Geometric combinatorics
Yaacov Kupitz and Micha A. Perles asked: What is the smallest number C such that for every configuration of n points in the plane there is a line containing two or more points from the configuration for which the difference between the … Continue reading
Extremal problems in additive number theory Our first lecture dealt with extremal problems for families of sets. In this lecture we will consider extremal problems for sets of real numbers, and for geometric configurations in planar Euclidean geometry. Problem I: Given a set A of … Continue reading