- Call for nominations for the Ostrowski Prize 2017
- Problems for Imre Bárány’s Birthday!
- Twelves short videos about members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria
- Jozsef Solymosi is Giving the 2017 Erdős Lectures in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Updates (belated) Between New Haven, Jerusalem, and Tel-Aviv
- Oded Goldreich Fest
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Around the Garsia-Stanley’s Partitioning Conjecture
- My Answer to TYI- 28
Top Posts & Pages
- Academic Degrees and Sex
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Updates and plans III.
- When It Rains It Pours
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
Tag Archives: Harmonic analysis
The Real Analysis ‘Boot Camp’ included three excellent mini-courses. Inapproximability of Constraint Satisfaction Problems (5 lectures) Johan Håstad (KTH Royal Institute of Technology) (Lecture I, Lecture II, Lecture III, Lecture IV, Lecture V) Unlike more traditional ‘boot camps’ Johan rewarded answers and questions … Continue reading
Ryan O’Donnell has begun writing a book about Fourier analysis of Boolean functions and he serializes it on a blog entiled Analysis of Boolean Function. New sections appear on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Besides covering the basic theory, Ryan intends to describe applications … Continue reading