- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash’s Theorem. And more news on designs.
- The US Elections and Nate Silver: Informtion Aggregation, Noise Sensitivity, HEX, and Quantum Elections.
- Avifest live streaming
- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
Top Posts & Pages
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash's Theorem. And more news on designs.
- Benoît's Fractals
- Is More Sex Safe? A book review.
- יופיה של המתמטיקה
Tag Archives: Helly type theorems
Janos Pach wrote me: “I saw that you several times returned to the colored Caratheodory and Helly theorems and related stuff, so I thought that you may be interested in the enclosed paper by Holmsen, Tverberg and me, in … Continue reading
Helge Tverberg Ladies and gentlemen, this is an excellent time to tell you about the beautiful theorem of Tverberg and the startling proof of Sarkaria to Tverberg’s theorem (two parts). A good place to start is Radon’s theorem. 1. The theorems of Radon, … Continue reading
In the first part of this post we discussed an appealing conjecture regaring an extension of Cayley’s counting trees formula. The number of d-dimensional “hypertrees” should somehow add up to . But it was not clear to us which complexes we want … Continue reading