- Reflections: On the Occasion of Ron Adin’s and Yuval Roichman’s Birthdays, and FPSAC 2021
- ICM 2018 Rio (5) Assaf Naor, Geordie Williamson and Christian Lubich
- Test your intuition 47: AGC-GTC-TGC-GTC-TGC-GAC-GATC-? what comes next in the sequence?
- Cheerful news in difficult times: Richard Stanley wins the Steele Prize for lifetime achievement!
- Combinatorial Theory is Born
- To cheer you up in difficult times 34: Ringel Circle Problem solved by James Davies, Chaya Keller, Linda Kleist, Shakhar Smorodinsky, and Bartosz Walczak
- Good Codes papers are on the arXiv
- To cheer you up in difficult times 33: Deep learning leads to progress in knot theory and on the conjecture that Kazhdan-Lusztig polynomials are combinatorial.
- The Logarithmic Minkowski Problem
Top Posts & Pages
- The Argument Against Quantum Computers - A Very Short Introduction
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Reflections: On the Occasion of Ron Adin's and Yuval Roichman's Birthdays, and FPSAC 2021
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- The Intermediate Value Theorem Applied to Football
- Zur Luria on the n-Queens Problem
- Gil's Collegial Quantum Supremacy Skepticism FAQ
- Amazing: Karim Adiprasito proved the g-conjecture for spheres!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
Tag Archives: Laci Lovasz
This is the remaining post V on partially ordered sets of my series on extremal combinatorics (I,II,III,IV,VI). We will talk here about POSETS – partially ordered sets. The study of order is very important in many areas of mathematics starting … Continue reading
In this post I will talk about Building Bridges II – last week conference in Budapest, about my talk and Lex Schrijver’s talk at the conference, about two old videotaped lectures in Microsoft Research (and a prize carrying competition), and … Continue reading
I am starting this post in Jaipur. My three children are watching a movie in our Jaipur hotel room and I watch them while I begin to write this post. Hagai is in the middle of a long-planned three-month trip … Continue reading
Laci and Kati This is the first of a few posts which are spin-offs of the extremal combinatorics series, especially of part III. Here we talk about Lovasz’s geometric two families theorem. 1. Lovasz’s two families theorem Here … Continue reading