- Call for nominations for the Ostrowski Prize 2017
- Problems for Imre Bárány’s Birthday!
- Twelves short videos about members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria
- Jozsef Solymosi is Giving the 2017 Erdős Lectures in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Updates (belated) Between New Haven, Jerusalem, and Tel-Aviv
- Oded Goldreich Fest
- The Race to Quantum Technologies and Quantum Computers (Useful Links)
- Around the Garsia-Stanley’s Partitioning Conjecture
- My Answer to TYI- 28
Top Posts & Pages
- Academic Degrees and Sex
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Updates and plans III.
- When It Rains It Pours
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
Tag Archives: Matroids
Gian Carlo Rota Rota’s conjecture I just saw in the Notices of the AMS a paper by Geelen, Gerards, and Whittle where they announce and give a high level description of their recent proof of Rota’s conjecture. The 1970 conjecture asserts … Continue reading