- Alef Corner: Math Collaboration
- Alef’s Corner: Math Collaboration 2
- To cheer you up in difficult times 11: Immortal Songs by Sabine Hossenfelder and by Tom Lehrer
- To cheer you up in difficult times 10: Noam Elkies’ Piano Improvisations and more
- Quantum Matters
- To cheer you up in difficult times 9: Alexey Pokrovskiy proved that Rota’s Basis Conjecture holds asymptotically
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski’s Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Noam Lifshitz: A new hypercontractivity inequality — The proof!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 7: Bloom and Sisask just broke the logarithm barrier for Roth’s theorem!
Top Posts & Pages
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Quantum Matters
- Gil's Collegial Quantum Supremacy Skepticism FAQ
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski's Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A sensation in the morning news - Yaroslav Shitov: Counterexamples to Hedetniemi's conjecture.
- Elchanan Mossel's Amazing Dice Paradox (your answers to TYI 30)
- Extremal Combinatorics IV: Shifting
- Are Natural Mathematical Problems Bad Problems?
Tag Archives: Nati Linial
Breaking news: David Harvey and Joris Van Der Hoeven. Integer multiplication in time O(nlogn). 2019. (I heard about it from Yoni Rozenshein on FB (חפירות על מתמטיקה); update GLL post. ) _____ Update: There were many interesting comments here and … Continue reading
This is the remaining post V on partially ordered sets of my series on extremal combinatorics (I,II,III,IV,VI). We will talk here about POSETS – partially ordered sets. The study of order is very important in many areas of mathematics starting … Continue reading
High Dimensional Combinatorics at the IIAS – Program Starts this Week; My course on Helly-type theorems; A workshop in Sde Boker
The academic year starts today. As usual it is very hectic and it is wonderful to see the ever younger and younger students. Being a TelAvivian in residence in the last few years, I plan this year to split my … Continue reading
Tahl Nowik Update 3 (January 30): The midrasha ended today. Update 2 (January 28): additional videos are linked; Update 1 (January 23): Today we end the first week of the school. David Streurer and Peter Keevash completed … Continue reading
The conference Poster as designed by Rotem Linial A conference celebrating Nati Linial’s 60th birthday will take place in Jerusalem December 16-18. Here is the conference’s web-page. To celebrate the event, I will reblog my very early 2008 post “Nati’s … Continue reading
We had a series of posts (1,2,3,4) “from Helly to Cayley” on weighted enumeration of Q-acyclic simplicial complexes. The simplest case beyond Cayley’s theorem were Q-acyclic complexes with vertices, edges, and triangles. One example is the six-vertex triangulation of the … Continue reading