- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
- Game Theory – on-line Course at IDC, Herzliya
Top Posts & Pages
- Game Theory 2020
- 'Gina Says'
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Dan Romik on the Riemann zeta function
- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim's two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- Scott Triumphs* at the Shtetl
- The story of Poincaré and his friend the baker
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
Tag Archives: Nati Linial
Breaking news: David Harvey and Joris Van Der Hoeven. Integer multiplication in time O(nlogn). 2019. (I heard about it from Yoni Rozenshein on FB (חפירות על מתמטיקה); update GLL post. ) _____ Update: There were many interesting comments here and … Continue reading
This is the remaining post V on partially ordered sets of my series on extremal combinatorics (I,II,III,IV,VI). We will talk here about POSETS – partially ordered sets. The study of order is very important in many areas of mathematics starting … Continue reading
High Dimensional Combinatorics at the IIAS – Program Starts this Week; My course on Helly-type theorems; A workshop in Sde Boker
The academic year starts today. As usual it is very hectic and it is wonderful to see the ever younger and younger students. Being a TelAvivian in residence in the last few years, I plan this year to split my … Continue reading
Tahl Nowik Update 3 (January 30): The midrasha ended today. Update 2 (January 28): additional videos are linked; Update 1 (January 23): Today we end the first week of the school. David Streurer and Peter Keevash completed … Continue reading
The conference Poster as designed by Rotem Linial A conference celebrating Nati Linial’s 60th birthday will take place in Jerusalem December 16-18. Here is the conference’s web-page. To celebrate the event, I will reblog my very early 2008 post “Nati’s … Continue reading
We had a series of posts (1,2,3,4) “from Helly to Cayley” on weighted enumeration of Q-acyclic simplicial complexes. The simplest case beyond Cayley’s theorem were Q-acyclic complexes with vertices, edges, and triangles. One example is the six-vertex triangulation of the … Continue reading