- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash’s Theorem. And more news on designs.
- Avifest live streaming
- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
Top Posts & Pages
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Stefan Steinerberger: The Ulam Sequence
- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash's Theorem. And more news on designs.
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Extremal Combinatorics III: Some Basic Theorems
- יופיה של המתמטיקה
- Can Category Theory Serve as the Foundation of Mathematics?
Tag Archives: Scott Aaronson
Michel Dyakonov’s View on QC My view (based on Michel’s drawing*) Update: Alexander Vlasov’s view (based on Michel and Konstantin’s drawing) … Continue reading
Scott Aaronson wrote a new post on the Shtetl Optimized** reflecting on the previous thread (that I referred to in my post on Amy’s triumph), and on reactions to this thread. The highlight is a list of nine of Scott’s … Continue reading
Scott Aaronson gave a thought-provoking lecture in our Theory seminar three weeks ago. (Actually, this was eleven months ago.) The slides are here . The lecture discussed two results regarding the computational power of quantum computers. One result from this paper gives an … Continue reading