- Alef Corner: Math Collaboration
- Alef’s Corner: Math Collaboration 2
- To cheer you up in difficult times 11: Immortal Songs by Sabine Hossenfelder and by Tom Lehrer
- To cheer you up in difficult times 10: Noam Elkies’ Piano Improvisations and more
- Quantum Matters
- To cheer you up in difficult times 9: Alexey Pokrovskiy proved that Rota’s Basis Conjecture holds asymptotically
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski’s Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Noam Lifshitz: A new hypercontractivity inequality — The proof!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 7: Bloom and Sisask just broke the logarithm barrier for Roth’s theorem!
Top Posts & Pages
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Quantum Matters
- Gil's Collegial Quantum Supremacy Skepticism FAQ
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski's Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A sensation in the morning news - Yaroslav Shitov: Counterexamples to Hedetniemi's conjecture.
- Elchanan Mossel's Amazing Dice Paradox (your answers to TYI 30)
- Hoi Nguyen and Melanie Wood: Remarkable Formulas for the Probability that Projections of Lattices are Surjective
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
Tag Archives: Subhash Khot
Hardness of Approximating Vertex Cover, Polytope-Integrality-Gap, the Alswede-Kachatrian theorem, and More.
Lior Silberman asked about applications of the 2-to-2 game theorem to hardness of approximation, and James Lee answered mentioning applications to vertex cover. Let me elaborate a little on vertex cover, and other matters. (Here is the pervious post on … Continue reading
Update: A related blog post by Boaz Barak: Unique Games Conjecture – halfway there? The 2-to-2 Games Conjecture is a somewhat weaker form of Khot’s unique game conjecture. The paper is: Pseudorandom Sets in Grassmann Graph have Near-Perfect Expansion by Subhash Khot, Dor … Continue reading
Muli, Dor and Subash, Jerusalem May 21 2015. Michel Talagrand Gregory Margulis Property testing In this post I will tell you about a new paper by Subhash Khot, Dor Minzer and Muli Safra entitled: On … Continue reading
Maryam Mirzakhani received the medal from South Korea’s president Park Geun-hye. Here is an article from today’s Israeli newspaper Haaretz. It is based on this article by the Guardian (Thanks, Manor!). See also this post on Laba’s accidental mathematician and John Baez’ … Continue reading